The Providence (RI) Housing Authority (PHA) is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Executive Director. The PHA owns and manages 2600 public housing units, administers 2500 Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCVP) Section 8 Vouchers, has 225 employees and an annual budget of $50 million dollars. The Executive Director shall be required to provide leadership, management, planning, direction and control functions under the direction of the Board of Commissioners. The PHA offers an excellent benefits package and salary in compliance with US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) regulations.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Four-year college degree with a major in business management, public administration, financial management or affiliated field, highly preferred.
- Additional education beyond Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of administrative experience and a thorough knowledge of executive level practices, highly preferred.
- Experience in public housing operations, highly preferred
- Experience in affordable housing preferred
Qualified applicants should submit a letter of interest and resume to:
Chairman of the Board of Commissioners
C/o Paul J. Tavares
Providence Housing Authority
100 Broad Street
Providence, RI 02903
Or E-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline for submissions: 10/06/17, 4:00PM EST
Equal Opportunity Employer
All positions will be filled without regard to race, religion, natural origin, sex, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or handicap