Dexter Manor I, built in 1962, is a 10-story elderly/disabled high-rise building located on the edge of the city’s Downtown neighborhood. In 1984 a new wing was added to the building containing an additional 91 units of elderly/disabled housing and the PHA’s Administrative Offices. Although the newer wing is technically a separate development named Dexter II, the two are usually referred to collectively as Dexter Manor.
The first two floors of Dexter Manor II house the Offices of the Executive Director and the Departments of Housing Management, Rental Housing, Finance & Accounting and Modernization & Development. The Department of Community Services is now located in Dexter I. In addition to these offices, Dexter Manor has a community room and laundry room for residents.
- Community Room open from 7:30 am – 10:00 pm with access to a kitchen
- Laundry facility open from 7:30 am – 10:00 pm
- Patio surrounded by manicured grounds
- Walking distance to fine restaurants, the Providence Performing Arts Center, art galleries, the Civic Center, the Convention Center, City Hall, Retailers, Grocery Stores, Pharmacies, Churches, Post Office, and Banks.
- RIPTA bus route located in front of development
It is important to note that although these sites do not have a security staff, the Providence Police Department assigns a special security force to patrol these developments
Management Contact Information:Jay Hall
300 Hartford Avenue
Providence, RI 02909